MON: Saturn conjunct Ceres, Sun conjunct Pluto, Sun conjunct Saturn, Sun conjunct Ceres, Venus enters Pisces, Sun square Eris, Ceres square Eris
WE ARE THERE. This is what I am calling “tornado week,” the week that astrologers have been talking and writing about for literally years. The lineup of planetary events that occurs over the next eight days is both spectacular and powerful.
We may need to stop often and just focus on breathing, slowly and deeply. We must nourish our bodies and rest so that we have the strength we need. We must also feed our minds positive thoughts so that we do not become discouraged. And, we need to reach out and offer support to fellow climbers who are struggling.
- Next Sunday, we have the long-awaited Saturn-Pluto alignment. When the two planets exactly align at 22°46′ Capricorn on Sunday, they are also tightly conjunct the Sun, Mercury, Ceres, and Charilko. The Saturn-Pluto alignment only occurs every 35 years or so. To have all the other planets also tightly involved makes this event extremely rare.
- On Friday, the Lunar Eclipse occurs at 20°00′ Cancer, with the Moon opposing all of those planets in Capricorn – and closely square both Eris in Aries and Juno in Libra. At the same time, the Sun and Mercury are both in hard aspect to warrior Mars.
- Also on eclipse day, Eris and Uranus BOTH station direct.
The only big event not attached to these others, but highly significant on its own, is on Wednesday, when we have the exact Jupiter-South Node alignment.
On an individual level, if we are not dealing directly with a crisis right now, it is important not to go into overwhelm. While there may be ways in which we are drawn to respond outwardly, we can also make great contribution by moving into center, into our hearts, holding a calm space, and embodying the peace we want to see on the planet.
- Moon in Cancer: Heightened sensitivity and empathy. Feeling protective, perhaps defensive. Desire to hide, need for emotional security.
- Moon square Eris: Combativeness. The goddess who has been disregarded and belittled finds her voice, causing disruption.
- Moon square Juno: Alliances challenged. Disagreements between partners.
- Moon opposite Mercury: Communications affected (back up your computers). Travel disruptions. Information and disinformation. A war of words.
- Moon opposite Ceres: Separation anxieties, feeling isolated. Conflict between personal needs and needs of family or homeland.
- Moon opposite Saturn: Feeling cut off from emotional support. Need for increased self-care.
- Moon opposite Pluto: Passionate feelings. Emotions may be compulsive, reactive, obsessive.
- Moon opposite Charilko: Feeling conflicted over needs for self-care and the desire to hold the space for others and their healing. Remember the metaphor of putting on your own oxygen mask.
- Moon trine Neptune: Our saving grace! See next paragraphs.
Eris was the goddess of strive and discord. She is credited with setting events into motion that led to the Trojan War. Eris is not only stationary at the time of the eclipse, she is also in hard aspect to the Moon and all of the planets in Capricorn. As such, we can expect that someone plays the role of instigator, perhaps surreptitiously.
FIRST, self-care is vital. These planetary energies are not just “out there” somewhere, causing events. They are interacting with our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual bodies.
After the Tornado
4 pm PST | 5 pm MST | 6 pm CST | 7 pm EST | 12 midnight GMT
AS THE FIRST SCENES of “The Wizard of Oz” unfold, a tornado upends the world. It is the beginning of Dorothy’s hero’s journey, through which she eventually discovers how strong she truly is. Along the way, she encounters like-minded souls and gains a new sense of connection and community.
We’ve been talking for months about the astrological tornado of January 2020. During a single week, from January 8 to 15, an amazing number of significant planetary events occur, clustered around a powerful Lunar Eclipse and the alignment between Saturn and Pluto.
IN THIS 90-MINUTE WEBINAR, entitled “After the Tornado,” I will first talk about how our individual and collective experiences in January relate to these astrological events. This review is important to undertake, because our path through the rest of 2020 directly relates to events in January.
From there, we’ll “ease on down the road” and explore in more depth the primary opportunities and obstacles we’ll encounter in the first half of 2020. Highlights include:
- Jupiter’s alignments with Pluto, when we could have spin-off tornados, and how they relate to events in January
- Saturn’s entry into Aquarius and return to Capricorn, demanding progress and requiring completion of the old
- The shift of the nodal axis into Gemini/Sagittarius, adding another level of karmic completion and evolutionary growth into the dynamic
- The alignments of Pallas Athena with Jupiter and Pluto, inspiring new solutions and the empowerment of the feminine
Before the class airs, you’ll receive calendars of January through June, which you can use for note-taking. During the last half of class, we’ll move week-by-week through each monthly calendar, noting when there are important developments. As always, I will do my best to “bring the stars down to Earth,” explaining in practical terms what the planets are doing, how they are likely to affect us, and how we can best navigate these momentous times by focusing on higher purposes and our own capacity for spiritual maturity.
I hope you can join us! If you can’t attend live, the class is recorded for replay at your convenience. All registrants receive an email with a link to the replay, audio replay, and PDF slideshow.
TO REGISTER: Visit https://pamfeb-june2020.eventbrite.com. The class fee is $33. Payment and registration may be handled online via PayPal or by check to Elsie Kerns, 2007 Rabbit Run Rd., Marlton, NJ 08053.
Questions? If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Elsie at email@example.com or 856.988.7426 (EST).
IF YOUR BIRTHDAY IS THIS WEEK: This is an incredibly powerful year in your life, one that you will remember as being highly pivotal. You are claiming your power in new ways, while also realizing the impact of your choices on your personal life and relationships. It is a bit of an “all or nothing” year, when you are likely to feel quite passionately about a project, while at the same time feeling completely detached and bored with another area of life. You are undergoing a deep transformation, and realigning to your higher destiny. (Solar Return Sun conjunct Mercury, conjunct Ceres, square Juno, conjunct Saturn, conjunct Pluto)
Astrologer Pam Younghans writes this NorthPoint Astrology Journal based on planetary influences and insights received. Her hope is to offer perspectives to assist you in utilizing current energies to enhance your life experience and accelerate your spiritual and personal growth.
Copyright NorthPoint Astrology 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Sun, Jan 5, 4:22 PM (2 days ago)